Saturday, January 21, 2006

Our first proper day off turned into a pseudo-half day off. I'm reaching the point where I'm nearly incapable of entering into normal conversation and I have zero idea of anything that's happened in the real world. Cure for cancer? Indonesian civil war? The release of the infamous Barbara Boxer Jazzercise tape? Sure. I'm wandering around in the dark here, people.

Yesterday was a veritable smorgasboard of overdubbing, singing, and fat-assed-couch-sitting. We worked primarily on Bar in the Back of the Basement, which is a spastic, minor-key, cow-punk song. Overdubs consisted of some acoustics, clapping, guitars, and this reverby Rhodes thing that sounded kind of like a broken Russian music box. All that minor-keying made think evil thoughts. None were spared. We also managed to squeeze in some vocals for the above-mentioned tune, a few backrounds for Balcony, and some banjo for an acoustic one we used to play live all the time. It sounds kind of, I don't know, civil war-y? Sure. Let's stick with that.

Moving along. Today, an old friend is stopping by and we may again venture into the outside world. This frightens us all. I'm well into a winter beard (out of sheer laziness, I assure you, because I look like a hobo) and I think Zach has been wearing those pants for three months. In other words, we look crazy. Keep your children away.

As always, more later.







1 comment:

Michael said...

Hey Dave, it's Mike Levy. I look forward to seeing you guys on the 30th. At least, that's the plan for now. Keep up the good work, I can't wait to hear it when it's done.

Take care and tell the guys I say hi.