Sunday, January 15, 2006

I'm upstairs at Grand Master right now, sprawled out on what looks but doesn't smell like a brown leather couch. Downstairs, guitar amps are getting fiddled with and we're probably about two hours from starting in earnest. Honestly, I'm giddy.

Yesterday's session was more weird acoustic goodness and instrument jerry-rigging. Loudness ensued. Peter regaled us all with "You're Drinking My Grandma's Soda (and I Don't Like the Look on Your Face)", a song so epic, so divine, that my ears melted--from the next room. In fact, I'm recording deaf. Just so everyone knows.

So, Grandmaster: truly bizarre. This upstairs lounge feels like a ship's cabin. It's all teak wood and rickety windows and crooked slats. Leading down from here is a spiral staircase surrounded by mirrors. But they're panelled so you kind of feel like you're in a fun house and, since the handrail is metal and the carpet is plush, you get electrocuted eighty percent of the time. It keeps you alert. Take it from me. You know what? I can't do this place justice with babbling. We'll post some pictures of it soon. Two words though: flowery bidet.

Alright, I gotta go play some music now. More later.









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is "You're Drinking My Grandma's Soda (and I Don't Like the Look on Your Face)" the best song title ever? Why yes it is.

Anonymous said...

is that green shirt guy?