Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A brief something to listen to

So, I was writing this post about our unusually triumphant jaunt through greater Arizona---a state which has taken from us countless hours, a bass amp, our second and altogether worst van, and a good percentage of my dignity---when I realized we were mere hours away from Austin. This not only means a probable heat wave and some definite tinnitus, but, in the purposes of the interweboblogosphere, free music. Yes, yes. We're taking an hour or so to play some songs for our old friends at WOXY and, if you so desire, you can hear it live. We'll be on at 3 PM Central, 1 PM Pacific, 4 PM Eastern, and 5 AM tomorrow in Pyongyang, which I felt you needed to know. There will probably be some sort of interview too, during which I'll say something I wish I hadn't and the room will go silent and then the Feds will come. I'm certainly looking forward to it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This post on Arizona will find the light of the Internet, yes? I want people to know our glory ... and Oliver's.

Anonymous said...

It's going to be disappointing if the Arizona post is the most boring one of the tour this time around. We gotta represent. This is a town where guys wear flip flops to a rock show--they might not be too bright, but dammit they can drink.

On an unrelated note, blog wars: the Airborne Toxic Event are blogging sxsw for papermag.

http://papermag.com/blogs/2008/03/meet_papermags_sxsw_guest_blog.php